Sweken Internship and It’s Benefits
The rise in global competition has prompted the companies to devise the strategies to have a talented and innovative work force to gain a competitive edge. Training and developing an internship policy is an impactful strategy for creating a future talent pool for the industry. The internship program not only helps fresh pass outs in gaining professional know-how but also benefits. Corporate companies on fresh perspectives on business issues and even discovering the business leaders.
The interaction of technical institutions with the software companies has been restricted to the level of faculty communications in 2-4 hrs on live projects by the students generally. The institution are under a great stress to renew education offered by them , to be as close as possible to the software requirements and expectations . Competition in the software field is raising exponentially and securing entry level jobs is getting very difficult, as the students passing out from engineering graduated lag the experience and skills required by software industry. SWEKEN has initiated various activities for promoting software development , artificial intelligence , internet of things , digital marketing , testing tools etc ., Internship at the graduate level on live projects. The main aim of these initiatives is enhancement of the employee ability of the students passing out from engineering graduates like ECE, EEE, MECHANICAL, CSE etc. SWEKEN has a model curriculum with the help of experienced developers so that the country may produce competent employee able graduates as per the needs of the software industry. The modern curriculum includes the internship for pass out students of 6 months , 1 yr , 2yrs duration depends on the internship sought .
Keeping this in view SWEKEN has developed this model internship guidelines for organizing internship at graduate and diploma level. These guidelines comprised of steps for establishing, maintaining, and developing internships. SWEKEN has moUs with various principle software companies worldwide eminent organizations have also been included.
The internship experience will augment outcome based learning process and inculcate various attributes in a student in line with the graduate attributes defined by various experienced software engineers in various platforms.
Internships are educational and carrier development opportunities, providing practical experience in a field or disciplined. They are structured, short termed, supervised placements often focused around particular tasks or projects with defined time scales. An internship may be compensative, non-compensated or may be paid. The internship has to be meaningful and mutually beneficial to the intern in the organization. The objectives and the activities of the internship programs are clearly defined and understood. Following are the intended objectives of the internship training:
- Will expose engineering students to the software environment, which cannot be stimulated in the classroom, hence creating competent professionals for software industry.
- Provide possible opportunities to learn, understand and sharpen the real time technology/ managerial skills required at the job.
- Exposure to the current technological development relevant to the software projects area of training.
- Experience gained from the “industrial internship” in classroom will be used in classroom discussions
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP:
• An opportunity to get hired by the Industry/ organization.
• Practical experience in an organizational setting.
• Excellent opportunity to see how the theoretical aspects learned in classes are integrated into the practical world. On-floor experience provides much more professional experience which is often worth more than classroom teaching.
• Helps them decide if the industry and the profession is the best career option to pursue.
• Opportunity to learn new skills and supplement knowledge.
• Opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills.
• Opportunity to learn strategies like time management, multi-tasking etc in an industrial setup.
• Opportunity to meet new people and learn networking skills.
• Makes a valuable addition to their resume.
• Enhances their candidacy for higher education.
• Creating network and social circle and developing relationships with industry people.
• Provides opportunity to evaluate the organization before committing to a full time position.